You are here
Mr. Ashok Lavasa
Mr. K. N. Srivastava
"Enable the people to have access to safe, secure, sustainable and affordable air connectivity services with World-Class Civil Aviation Infrastructure."
To create world-class Civil Aviation Infrastructure facilities.To establish effective regulatory framework in harmony with international standards.To connect presently un-served areas.To develop skilled human resource according to the needs of the sector.To deploy advanced technologies for the optimal growth of the sector.To ensure maximum satisfaction of users/optimize consumer satisfaction.
- World class Civil Aviation infrastructure with passenger comfort in focus along-with efficient facilities for cargo handling and Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO).
- Enhancement / Upgradation of Infrastructure and Air Navigation Services for improving safety, efficiency and capacity of Airports / Air Space.
- To establish an adequately resourced and effective State Safety oversight system operating above the international standards set by International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) for safe, orderly and sustainable air transport with acceptable level of safety (ALOS) for scheduled, Non Scheduled, General Aviation and Helicopter Operations.
- Enforcement of Security regulations in terms of accepted international standards.
- Rapid Development of General Aviations & Infrastructure
- Enhancement in competitiveness of Air India Ltd.
- Creation of world class skilled Human Resource through (i) Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Udan Academy (IGRUA) (ii) Indian Aviation Academy Building, Delhi (iii) Helicopter Training Academy at Hadapsar, Pune including Private Sector Institution with focus on quality.
- Statutory inquiries of serious railway accidents
- Inspections of Lines
- The Airport Related Laws (Amendment) Bill - 2013 in which amendments are proposed in AERA Act- 2008, AAI Act - 1994 and Aircraft Act - 1934
- Airports users' satisfaction surveys of AAI airports
- Eco-friendly Sustainable Development in Aviation Sector.
- To promote aviation education and training in India
- To provide administrative and financial flexibility to the Regulatory framework
- Passenger facilitation
- Formulation of National Civil Aviation Policy
- Protection of passenger rights
- Corporatization of Air Navigation System
|Outcome/ Impact of department/ ministry||Jointly responsible for influencing this outcome / impact with the following department (s) / ministry(ies)||Success Indicator||Unit||FY 11/12||FY 12/13||FY 13/14||FY 14/15||FY 15/16|
|1. Creation of world class Civil Aviation Infrastructure||State Govt., Planning Commission, JV Companies, M/o Law and Justice, M/o Finance||
Air Connectivity in North-
Eastern Region and Other
Implementation of State Safety
|2. Promote aviation education
and training in India
|Ministry of Finance||
Setting up of a National
University for Civil Aviation -
Date of finalization of Financial
proposal, starting construction
of National University for Civil
|3. Administrative and financial flexibility to the Regulatory framework||
M/o Law and Justice, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Defence
|Date of introduction in to Parliament||Date||31/01/2014|
|4. Enhance the credibility of Commission of Railway
Safety (CRS) in public
Completion of Accident
inquiries and submission of
report in the prescribed time
|5. Ensure compliance of safety standard of new lilne, gauge conversion, doubling and electrification||Railway||
Inspection of new
lines/doubling gauge converted
line within presecribed time
|6. Enhance public confidence in safety standards in railway operation||Railway||
Inspection of 20% of open lines
in the jurisdiction to assess the
health of infrastructure of
railway already in use