You are here
Development of North-Eastern Region
The Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region is responsible for the matters relating to the planning, execution and monitoring of development schemes and projects in the North Eastern Region. Its vision is to accelerate the pace of socio-economic development of the Region so that it may enjoy growth parity with the rest of the country.
- To facilitate, accelerate and improve project implementation in NER.
- Capacity Building in NER.
- Showcasing strengths of NER and advocacy for facilitating strategies for development of NER.
- Preparation of strategic plans for development of infrastructure and connectivity in the Region.
- Improvement in infrastructure and connectivity in NER.
- Improving livelihood prospects.
- Human Development Report (HDR), 2013 of NE States
|Outcome/ Impact of department/ ministry||Jointly responsible for influencing this outcome / impact with the following department (s) / ministry(ies)||Success Indicator||Unit||FY 11/12||FY 12/13||FY 13/14||FY 14/15||FY 15/16|
1. Accelerated pace of
Infrastracture dev. Ministries/Deptts & M/o Finance
Sanction of new projects of
infrastructure in critical areas.
|Amount in Cr.||1089.22||636.55||1000||1100||1200|
|2. Impart tranning to youth in NER to make them
|Number of persons trained||Number||0||1210||3000||4000||4410|
|3. Improvment in Human
Development for NER.
Central / State Goverments / Institutions/ Organizations
HDI Survey of NER and taking
appropriate steps for
|4. Improved connectivity in NER.||
M/o Civil Aviation, Deptts. of RTH & Shipping.
|Improvment in road, water & air connectivity in the region.||Date||28/03/2013||31/03/2014||31/03/2015||31/03/2016|