You are here
Pension & Pensioners' Welfare
A life of dignity and respect for Central Government pensioners.
1. Formulation of pension policy.2. Timely and smooth payment of pension and other retirement benefits for Central Government Employees.3. Simplification of rules/regulations and procedures and their dissemination.4. Facilitating prompt redressal of the grievances.5. Promoting the welfare of pensioners.
The Department of Pension & Pensioners' Welfare is the nodal department for formulation of policies relating to pension and other retirement benefits of Central Govt. employees covered under CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 Apart from formulation of pension policy for the Central Govt.
- To bring about improvements in policies related to pension and other retiral benefits.
- Efficient response to references received from Ministries /Departments concerning retirement benefits
- Facilitating the prompt redressal of pensioners’ grievances
- To create awareness amongst the pensioners regarding their rights and entitlements and to obtain their feedback
|Outcome/ Impact of department/ ministry||Jointly responsible for influencing this outcome / impact with the following department (s) / ministry(ies)||Success Indicator||Unit||FY 11/12||FY 12/13||FY 13/14||FY 14/15||FY 15/16|
|1. Percentage of trained manpower in the Ministries/Departments for dealing with pension matters||All Ministries/Department and training institutions.||Percentage total of availability||%||20%|
|2. Increased level of satisfaction of pensioners||Survey of satisfaction to be taken up through the Pensioners Associations and if possible from independent organizations||Increase in satisfaction level of pensioners to be through a survey on a scale of 1-5.||Index on a scale of||3||4||4|
|3. Improved awareness among retiring Government officers.||All Ministries and Departments.||Increase in awareness level of officers of Ministries/Departments ascertained through a survey on a scale of 1-5||Index on a scale of||3||4||4|