You are here
Ms. Anita Kaul
Facilitating administration of Justice that ensures easy access and timely delivery of Justice to all.
Ensuring adequacy of courts and judges, including servicing of appointment of Judges to the higher judiciary, modernization of courts and procedures, policies for judicial reforms towards improved justice delivery.
- Providing adequate number of Judges in the Higher Judiciary
- Formulating and facilitating the Agenda for Justice Delivery and Judicial Reforms through National Mission for Justice Delivery and Legal Reforms.
- Assisting development of judicial infrastructure
- Facilitating ICT- enablement and connectivity of courts.
- Facilitating setting up of various types of courts, within the mandate of the Department
- Facilitating utilization of Finance Commission(FC) grants
- Facilitating access to Justice for the marginalized in Project States and developing replicable models for implementation by NALSA / SLSA.
- Supporting the National Judicial Academy and facilitating its utilization as a resource centre.
|Outcome/ Impact of department/ ministry||Jointly responsible for influencing this outcome / impact with the following department (s) / ministry(ies)||Success Indicator||Unit||FY 11/12||FY 12/13||FY 13/14||FY 14/15||FY 15/16|
|ICT- enablement and connectivity of Courts||NIC + eCommittee of Supreme Court of India||
All computerised courts are to be connected to a National Data Centre to form a National Judicial Data Grid (NJDG).
This NJDG is expected to be a powerful tool which can help improve the administration of justice delivery by establishing
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the Case Management, as well as Judicial Management Monitoring. The formation of NJDG will help the judiciary in reducing case pendency. NJDG will do this by providing visibility of cases and their
patterns of occurrence through a web portal for all courts across the country with real time, electronic data with drill
down and other required features. This will help to ascertain and analyse the exact number and type of arrears in every court in the country on a real time basis. But for the grid to become operational the most important step is to computerise the balance courts expeditiously and hence, this has to be a crucial outcome of eCourts for this year.