You are here
To position AYUSH systems as the preferred systems of living and practice for providing holistic heathcare for all citizens.
- To mainstream AYUSH at all levels in the Health Care System.
- To improve access to and quality of Public Health delivery through AYUSH System.
- To focus on Promotion of health and prevention of diseases by propagating AYUSH practices.
- Proper enforcement of provisions of Drugs & Cosmetic Act 1940 and Rules framed thereunder relating to the ASU drugs throughout the country
- Development of Human Resource in AYUSH
Department of Indian Systems of Medicine and Homoeopathy (ISM&H) was created in March,1995 and re-named as Department of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH) in November, 2003 with a view to providing focused attention to development of Education & Research in Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy systems. The Department continued to lay emphasis on upgradation of AYUSH educational standards, quality control and standardization of drugs, improving the availability of medicinal plant material, research and development and awareness generation about the efficacy of the systems domestically and internationally.
- Delivery of AYUSH Services
- Human Resource Development in AYUSH
- Promotion and Propagation of AYUSH Systems
- Research in AYUSH
- Conservation and cultivation of medicinal plants
- Effective AYUSH Drugs Administration
|Outcome/ Impact of department/ ministry||Jointly responsible for influencing this outcome / impact with the following department (s) / ministry(ies)||Success Indicator||Unit||FY 11/12||FY 12/13||FY 13/14||FY 14/15||FY 15/16|
|Increased delivery AYUSH Services||Department of Health And Family Welfare||Access: Increase in the number of AYUSH facilities co-located at PHCs, CHCs, DHs.||%||8||12||16||20||24|
|Quality: Improvement through upgradation of AYUSH Hospitals||%||12||14||16||20||22|
|Increased availability of quality Medicinal Plants||Ministry of Agriculture, State Horticulture Mission, State Forest Departments, State Medical Plant Board, Ministry of Finance||Increase area under Medicinal Plants cultivated.||Hectares||28051.54||30000||30000||31500||33000|
|Timely flow of funds for achieving proposed targets||Ministry of Agriculture, State Horticulture Mission, State Forest Departments, State Medical Plant Board, Ministry of Finance||Additional area covered for conservation||Hectares||9263.57||10000||8000||9500||10000|